Welcome! If this is your first log in to the new site and you were previously a member, please reset your password to get the same access and keep your account secure.
Below are the 5 items we always have in our pantry/fridge no matter where we live!
- Green Juice – Whether it’s Suja, Evolution, Forager, or Pressed Juicery, we always have some sort of green juice in our fridge. A day is not complete in my book without my daily dose of greens. I always shoot to drink a green juice with less than 6g of sugar per serving. Make sure you read your labels!
- Eggs – The easiest source of protein ever! We like to keep one carton of eggs to cook and another carton that are only hard boiled. Hard boiled eggs are a great grab and go snack!
- Turkey Jerky – Turkey jerky satisfies my salt cravings like no other. Be sure to check the sodium content on the nutrition label, this protein rich snack is loaded with salt. I eat is sparingly now after my Mom told me her horror story of having super swollen hands and feet after eating the whole bag! Despite the salt, it’s a great snack and something I like to keep in my car or purse in case hunger strikes!
- Organic Fuji Apples – Is it just me or do organic Fuji’s taste SO much better than the regular? I love storing my apples in the fridge. It keeps them cool and crisp. Most times I pair my apple with a few bites of turkey jerky, creating the best sweet and salty combo!
- Raw Mixed Nuts – Here is our great source of healthy fats! I like to keep a mixture of raw almonds and walnuts in our pantry. Sometimes I add dried cranberries to the mixture for another sweet & salty combo. Most recently I’ve been loving Target’s Archer Farms raw unsalted mixed nuts. The 30 oz carton contains almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, and hazelnuts. YUM!
Well, there you have it, 5 of our pantry/fridge must haves! Did you notice a common theme among them all? They all can be consumed ON.THE.GO!
This post first appeared on Maggie Susac’s blog, Fit Meets Fab!