Welcome! If this is your first log in to the new site and you were previously a member, please reset your password to get the same access and keep your account secure.
One of the traditions I’ve started as a coach’s wife since moving to VA is baking for our team. I’ve experimented with several recipes over the seasons. Finding one that was quick, inexpensive, easily portable AND feeds a crowd was no small task!
This is one of my favorites. I’ve played around with the recipe a bit, as you will notice the original has an additional cup of white sugar. I omit it and no one has ever complained 😉
(Original Recipe: http://togetherasfamily.com/2015/08/no-flour-monster-cookie-bars/)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 cups mini m&m’s
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, and butter. With a hand-held blender, mix until pale in color and combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Blend together.
- Add in the oats and baking soda. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix by hand until combined.
- Add in the m&m’s and chocolate chips (reserve some for top of bars if wanted). Stir together well until combined.
- Dump onto your parchment lined cookie sheet and spread out. This will take several minutes, but it can be done. Sprinkle the reserved m&m’s and chocolate chips on top (if wanted). Press down slightly into dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale and underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools. Let cool for at least an hour so the bars can firm up and come together. You do not want to over-bake these!
Enjoy with your team!