Welcome! If this is your first log in to the new site and you were previously a member, please reset your password to get the same access and keep your account secure.
Don’t let the leftover paczkis from Fat Tuesday distract you from staying on track with your health and fitness goals. You’ve got your eye on the prize and you know what you’re working towards. That is until the excitement of making healthy choices become repetitive and boring. You think to yourself the start of living healthy always goes well, but within a couple of weeks your drive is diminished with the box of chocolates you devoured on Valentine’s Day. Before you throw in the towel, we’re offering you five fun and refreshing ways to stay motivated.
1. Mix it up: If you find yourself bored and distracted with being healthy, it may mean that it’s time to change what you are doing. Start by changing up your food. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Pick one new fruit or vegetable each week to try, and then choose a new way to cook it. Get friendly with spices, as it can be the secret to delicious healthy dishes. If you want to keep things simple, rotate meals every two to three days. After you’ve tackled the food, it’s time to change up your workout. Consider trying a new fitness class, or rotate what you’re doing throughout the week. Once you’ve tested our a few workouts that feel good, continue changing things up each week. Remember, if you aren’t having fun or enjoying this, then you need to continue searching until you find what works for you!
2. Partner up: Grab a buddy to share this journey with. You can check in with each other each day, to make sure you’re both staying on track, and encouraged. Ask your friend to meet you at the gym, try a new workout class, grocery shop, and prep your food together. You can send each other encouraging texts, keep charts, and hold weekly meetings with each other. Ask her to hold you accountable all throughout this process. Don’t be afraid to ask a group of friends to join in. It’s kind of like a book club, but for health, and fitness!
3. Share what you’re doing: Consider sharing your healthy journey and progress on social media. You can post pictures of your healthy food choices, accomplished workouts, healthy products, or quotes that motivate you and others. You can even create your own hashtag, so you can look back and reflect on the progress you’ve made. Living a healthy lifestyle is something that should be celebrated. Not only will this encourage you to keep going, but you could also be inspiring others to get healthy too!
4. Create a Vision Board: A vision board is a collaboration of photos and words that inspire you to reach your goals. You can cut pictures from magazines or the internet, and then paste it altogether on a board. If that sounds like too much work, you can copy and paste pictures on your computer and keep the board on your desktop. Each time you open your computer, it will remind you of what you are working towards. Another option would be to create a Pinterest board, where you can pin motivational pictures, helpful information, and ideas. Keep your vision board posted somewhere where you can see it each day.
5. Reward Yourself: Each week decide what you’re going to accomplish, and then offer yourself a reward once you’ve reached your goals. This will help motivate you, as you will have something to look forward to. If you ate healthy, worked out, and did everything you’ve set out for, be sure to reward yourself for your hard work. A few rewards could include purchasing new music for your workout, a new outfit to wear while working out, a cheat meal, or a relaxing massage. You can set smaller weekly goals, and then quarterly goals, where you can set rewards ahead of time once accomplished.
The bottom line is that living a healthy lifestyle takes work, and you constantly need to motivate yourself to keep going. If you find yourself in a “healthy girl rut” then consider trying a few of the suggestions listed above. Remember, this lifestyle should feel good, inside and out!